Monday, January 15, 2018

WELCOME + 2018 Bookish Goals + Best of 2017


Welcome to the Everyday Reading Club blog! Here you'll find library programming ideas, book reviews and recommendations, and just general book and library talk. You can check out the page links above for specific topics or to learn a little bit about me. I'm glad you're here!

___________________________________________________________________________

2018 Bookish Goals

2017 was a whirlwind of a year! Book wise, especially. After spending the past couple years working in education, I became a children's librarian last year-and to say that it's my dream job is an understatement. I read over 100 books last year-from classic storybooks to new YA and beloved series installments to professional reading. I spent a lot of time developing new library programs to better serve the community I work in, and reminding myself with grace that I can't do everything.

This year, I have a few bookish goals that I'm working on:

-Goodreads Reading Challenge : 75 books (up from my 50 last year) you can friend me here.
-The Modern Mrs. Darcy 2018 Reading Challenge
-keeping up with the Diverse Books Club selections
-keep up on reviews for Kid Lit Exchange and NetGalley
-Develop more early literacy resources for my library's patrons


__________________________________________________________________________

Best of 2017

Picture Books, fiction:
 After the Fall, Dan Santat
Life, Cynthia Rylant

Picture Books, non-fiction:
This Is How We Do It, Matt Lamothe
Frida Kahlo and Her Animalitos, Monica Brown

Juvenile:
The Vandeerbeekers of 141st Street, Karina Yan Glaser
Forever, or a Long, Long, Time, Caela Carter
Beyond he Bright Sea, Lauren Wolk
The Best Man, Richard Peck
Refugee, Alan Gratz

YA:
I Am Not Your Perfect Mexican Daughter, Erika L. Sanchez
Always and Forever, Lara Jean, Jenny Han

Adult, fiction:
Glass Houses, Louise Penny
Lincoln in the Bardo, George Saunders
The Jane Austen Project, Kathleen A Flynn
Panchinko, Min Jin Lee

Adult, non-fiction:
Reading People, Anne Bogel
Dear Fahrenheit 451, Annie Spence

Happy reading, bookish friends!



No comments:

Post a Comment

BACK TO SCHOOL READS: Educators

It's that time of year: Back to School. Since I'm back working at a public school, I've been brushing up on my education reading...