Thursday, February 15, 2018
2018 Newbery and Caledcott Winners & Honors
The American Library Association announced the Newbery and Caldecott award winner at their annual conference this week!
The Newbery is awarded annually to the author who has made the most distinguished contribution to literature.
Newbery Winner:
Hello, Universe written by Erin Entrada Kelly
Newbery Honors:
Crown: An Ode to the Fresh Cut written by Derrick Barnes, illustrated by Gordon C. James
Long Way Down, written by Jason Reynolds
Piecing Me Together, written by Renee Watson
The Caldecott is awarded annually to the artist of the most distinguished picture book.
Caldecott Winner:
Wolf in Snow, by Matthew Cordell
Caldecott Honors:
Big Cat, Little Cat by Elisha Cooper
Crown: An Ode to the Fresh Cut written by Derrick Barnes, illustrated by Gordon C. James
A Different Pond, written by Bao Phi, illustrated by Thi Bui
Grand Canyon, by Jason Chin
Congrats to the winners!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
BACK TO SCHOOL READS: Educators
It's that time of year: Back to School. Since I'm back working at a public school, I've been brushing up on my education reading...
-
It's that time of year: Back to School. Since I'm back working at a public school, I've been brushing up on my education reading...
-
I received an Advanced Reading Copy of Educated from NetGalley in return for an honest review. Thank you, NetGalley! Educated is out ...
-
The American Library Association announced the Newbery and Caldecott award winner at their annual conference this week! The Newbery is ...

No comments:
Post a Comment